The Big Break Comedy Competition At Bang The Drum Brewery! Winner opens for Vicki Barbolak
Updated: Jun 14, 2019
The Big Break Comedy Competition At Bang The Drum Brewery!
San Luis Obispo county, the first ever official comedy competition exclusively open to local talent has finally arrived!
Produced by Bang The Drum Brewery, The Fremont Theater, and the Cal Poly Comedy Club, one of SLO's own local comedians will have the highly prestigious opportunity of opening for Vicki Barbolak at the Fremont Theater on Saturday, July 13th. Vicki Barbolak is one of America’s funniest comedians. She was a fan favorite and top 10 finalist on Season 13 of America's Got Talent in 2018 on NBC.
Each event (the first and final round) will also feature a professional headlining comedian to close out the show. This, the first round will feature headliner Ryan Goodcase.
Come out to Bang The Drum and watch local comedians give it their all and compete for this extremely exciting opportunity. Have a few drinks and vote to support your friends and favorite comics for just $1 admission! See you there!
Questions? Feel free to message Aidan Candelario or Sean Reilly regarding the event on Facebook.
No matter who wins, check out Vicki performing at the Fremont Theater on July 13th! Get tickets below:
COMICS: REGISTER FOR COMPETITION VIA THE LINK BELOW. SPACE IS LIMITED SO SIGN UP AS SOON AS POSSIBLE.
First Round Date: Friday, June 21st Final Round Date: Saturday, July 6th Admission: $1 at the door Doors Open: 8:00 PM Show Starts: 8:30 PM
***VERY IMPORTANT INFORMATION REGARDING THE COMPETITION***
• You must live within an hour drive from SLO to be eligible to register for the competition
• Spots for comedians are limited, so sign up as soon as possible!
• Upon registration closing, we will be following up via email with all of the comedians who have registered to confirm your registration to compete.
• You must be available on June 21st for the first round, July 6th for the final round, and July 13th for the opening spot for Vicki Barbolak at the Fremont Theater. If you cannot make these dates, you are not eligible for the competition.
• The first round is an open competition, and comedians will each get 3 minutes to perform. The audience will then vote on their top 3 favorite comedians, and the top 8 comedians will move on to the final round of the competition.
• The final round will feature the top 8 comedians from the final round, who will each get 5 minutes. The audience will then vote on their top 3 favorite comedians and the comedian with the most votes will be the winner of the competition and be rewarded with a 5-minute long opening spot on July 13th at the Fremont Theater.
~~~ About Vicki Barbolak ~~~
Vicki Barbolak is one of America’s funniest comedians. She was a fan favorite and top 10 finalist on Season 13 of America's Got Talent in 2018 on NBC.
Howie Mandel told Vicki and America, “I think you just came up with your own sitcom, you’re wonderful I love you.” And Simon said, “I think you’re the best comedian we’ve had on this show.”
Vicki was also featured on the 2019 AGT Champions show.
When Vicki was 38 years young, she saw an ad for a stand-up comedy class. That class changed her life. Vicki quickly realized that making people laugh gave her more happiness than she ever dreamed possible. After a few years of open mic nights, Vicki was taken under the wing of Mitzi Shore, owner of The Comedy Store where Vicki developed as a Comedian. E! Entertainment, in its True Hollywood Story of the Comedy Store and its owner, Mitzi Shore, predicted Vicki would be the next “breakout star” to come out of that famed institution.
Drawing on her roller-coaster life of working in a family carpet business owned by her dad, a former Pittsburgh Steeler, dueling with ex-husbands who think alimony is an Italian ice-cream flavor and raising two great kids all while living in the ultra posh Vista Manor Trailer Park near San Diego. Vicki has created a comic persona that has earned her well-deserved praise. She is considered unique both in the character she has created as well as the fresh material she consistently delivers.